Mission Statement: Bulverde Volleyball was founded out of the desire to offer young athletes opportunities to excel in volleyball and learn life skills to be successful adults.
We trust in the power of quality repetition and fundamental skill development. Skill training takes a long-term commitment, experienced coach instruction, and a disciplined, motivational climate.
We believe in disciplined, positive reinforcement and the importance of fostering an environment that develops accountability and responsibility. We strive to win, but also important to us is the development of the athletes we serve. At the end of the season, we want to see each athlete improve and elevate their game.
A little history about us...Bulverde Volleyball's mascot is the Arrows. We chose this and incorporated arrows in our logo because the city of Bulverde was named after a type of arrowhead known as the Bulverde Point which is a style of arrowhead made by Native Americans who lived in the area during the period 2,500 to 600 B.C.
The following are protocols and guidelines for our events:
1. Please have your athlete wash their hands before you leave your house to arrive at the gym.
2. Upon arrival, please go to the roll-up door on the side of the gym (toward the back of the parking lot) and wait to be called in to the gym. Please do not enter the gym through the glass doors we have previously used in the past. Athletes should remain in their cars until the roll up door opens.
3. Current and new athletes, please bring a signed Liability Waiver effective June 1st, 2020. We must have your signed waiver on file in order for your athlete to participate at our events.
4. We usually have an open gym policy, but to try to reduce the number of people in the gym, only participants and coaches will be allowed, unless otherwise notified by the director.
5. Please have your athlete use the restroom prior to arrival, however, restrooms will be available, if necessary.
6. Please provide water for your athlete to drink during events.
7. We will exit through the gate on the side of the pool.
8. Everyone will use hand sanitizer upon entry and exit of the gym. Hand sanitizer will also be available throughout the event.
9. We will spread out during huddles, water breaks, and we will do foot bumps, or air “high fives”.
10. Our coaches will wear masks, except when necessary to explain a drill or skill.
11. We will sanitize the balls and any equipment used in between sessions.
12. We will review behavioral tips to our athletes before training begins to include: distancing during breaks, avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands, step away from group when you cough or sneeze and do so inside your practice T, or cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue away and sanitize hands.
13. Please be on time dropping off and picking up your athlete.
14. Athletes are required to wear a mask at all times while in the gym.
15. Please do not send your athlete to our volleyball events if they are experiencing any kind of sickness including, but not limited to: fever, fatigue, coughing, shortness of breath, chills, body aches, vomiting, diarrhea, sudden loss of taste or smell.
Knowing that eliminating all risk of communicable sickness (including COVID-19) is impossible, we have implemented the above protocols to do what we can to help prevent the spread of communicable sickness. We want to be clear, although we will do what we can, there is risk of contracting communicable sickness when people are around each other. If you are not comfortable with that risk or any of our protocols and guidelines listed above, then your athlete should not participate in volleyball events, including practices, clinics, and tournaments, etc.
These guidelines and protocols are subject to change, it is your responsibility to make sure you are aware of these protocols and guidelines and any changes or updates. Please check your email or our website frequently. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we navigate our new norms.
If you have any questions, please be in touch!
Our Waiver of Liability Form has been updated, Please read and have your athlete bring a signed copy of the Liability Waiver with them to your athlete's first training session effective June 1st, 2020! Find the Liability Waiver on our website under the "Forms" Tab or Bulverde Volleyball Liability Waiver. We MUST have a signed copy of our Liability Waiver on file before your athlete will be able to participate in our Summer Events.
CLUB SEASON IS HERE
ALL OF OUR TEAMS ARE FULL FOR THE 2020-2021 SEASON
When we are in season, our training clinics are for Bulverde Volleyball Club Team Members Only.
Lil Arrows is geared for 4th-6th grade athletes wanting to get ready to join a club team, and for new players ready to get started in volleyball. Space will be limited. We will group the players by age and skill. We will meet twice per week for 7 sessions total! $185 per athlete, includes T shirt!
Register early for Lil Arrows training, it sells out fast!
NEXT LIL ARROWS WILL BE SPRING 2021!!! Subscribe to our email list through our website for registration notification!
HEAD COACHES and ASSISTANT COACHES NEEDED
Do you LOVE to coach volleyball? Are you experienced, energetic, positive, organized? If you answered YES, we want to talk to you. We offer top pay as compared to other clubs. For the 2020/2021 Season, we are still looking for coaches for:
1. Position Training for Clinics - Setting, Middles, Hitters, Serving, 1st Contact
Coaches interested in helping us with our clinics should have coaching experience and preferably have played at the collegiate or professional level.
Come join our growing club and our fun team of coaches!
Email Sarah Johnson to discuss opportunities!!!
Here is the link to the website to purchase spirit wear! Check out our super cute new items!!! Order before November 22nd for FREE SHIPPING!!
NEED A PRACTICE T?
JUST TEXT 210-849-4322
LET US KNOW YOUR SIZE AND COLOR (BLUE OR BLACK)
WE WILL DELIVER THEM AT YOUR PRACTICE!!!
In order to become scorekeeper certified this season athletes must 1. Attend a scorekeeping clinic. 2. score keep a match at a tournament. 3. Make sure scorekeeping sheet is correct, then take a picture of the score sheet 4. Submit picture of score sheet to the Lone Star Region Scorer Chair (C.L. "Steve" Crane) at firstname.lastname@example.org for his review and certification.
A list of Scorekeeping Clinics can be found on the Lonestar Region website under the heading "Official's Clinics and Info". The cost is $25.00 payable at the door. There is usually no advance registration for these clinics, they are first come, first serve. Arrive early!. All BV athletes must be scorekeeper certified or have attended a clinic to become scorekeeper certified. Certifications are good for 2 seasons, and then they expire and your athlete will need to attend another clinic to become certified again. If you need to become scorekeeper certified this season, BV athletes must attend a scorekeeping clinic before their first tournament.
UPDATE: If you attended a scorekeeper or referee clinic last season and were not able to get certified last season, you will have until January 31st, 2021 to submit a score sheet for scorekeeping certification or to be rated for a referee certification.
Is your business interested in sponsoring Bulverde Volleyball?
Your company will receive name recognition and exposure based on the amount of sponsorship!!
Options could include: Logo featured on our web page, Logo featured on emails sent to club members, Logo featured on a team's backpacks, in-season monthly shout-outs on social media, and many more!
Email Sarah Johnson to start the conversation!