Mission Statement: Bulverde Volleyball was founded out of the desire to offer young athletes opportunities to excel in volleyball and learn life skills to be successful adults.
We trust in the power of quality repetition and fundamental skill development. Skill training takes a long-term commitment, experienced coach instruction, and a disciplined, motivational climate.
We believe in disciplined, positive reinforcement and the importance of fostering an environment that develops accountability and responsibility. We strive to win, but also important to us is the development of the athletes we serve. At the end of the season, we want to see each athlete improve and elevate their game.
A little history about us...Bulverde Volleyball's mascot is the Arrows. We chose this and incorporated arrows in our logo because the city of Bulverde was named after a type of arrowhead known as the Bulverde Point which is a style of arrowhead made by Native Americans who lived in the area during the period 2,500 to 600 B.C.
The following are protocols and guidelines for our events:
1. Please have your athlete wash their hands before you leave your house to arrive at the gym.
2. Upon arrival, please go to the roll-up door on the side of the gym (toward the back of the parking lot) and wait to be called in to the gym. Please do not enter the gym through the glass doors we have previously used in the past.
3. Current and new athletes, please bring a signed Liability Waiver effective MAY 1ST, 2021. We must have your signed waiver on file in order for your athlete to participate at our events.
4. Only participants and coaches will be allowed, unless otherwise notified by the director.
5. Please have your athlete use the restroom prior to arrival, however, restrooms will be available, if necessary.
6. Please provide water for your athlete to drink during events.
7. We will exit through the gate on the side of the pool.
8. Everyone will use hand sanitizer upon entry and exit of the gym. Hand sanitizer will also be available throughout the event.
9. We will review behavioral tips to our athletes before training begins to include: distancing during breaks, avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands, step away from group when you cough or sneeze and do so inside your practice T, or cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue away and sanitize hands.
10. Please be on time dropping off and picking up your athlete.
11. Athletes are NO LONGER required to wear a mask while actively participating on the court. They may wear a mask at their option.
12. Please do not send your athlete to our volleyball events if they are experiencing any kind of sickness including, but not limited to: fever, fatigue, coughing, shortness of breath, chills, body aches, vomiting, diarrhea, sudden loss of taste or smell.
By participating in our events, parents and athletes assume all risk and liability of contracting communicable sickness (including COVID-19) and injury. If you are not comfortable with that risk or any of our protocols and guidelines listed above, then your athlete should not participate in our volleyball events, including practices, clinics, and tournaments, etc.
These guidelines and protocols are subject to change, it is your responsibility to make sure you are aware of these protocols and guidelines and any changes or updates. Please check your email and/or our website frequently. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
If you have any questions, please be in touch!
Our Waiver of Liability Form has been updated, Please read and have your athlete bring a signed copy of the Liability Waiver with them to your athlete's first training session effective June 1st, 2020! Find the Liability Waiver on our website under the "Forms" Tab or Bulverde Volleyball Liability Waiver. We MUST have a signed copy of our Liability Waiver on file before your athlete will be able to participate in our Summer Events.
We will be announcing Summer Clinics Soon!!!
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!!! Lil Arrows is geared for 4th-6th grade athletes wanting to get ready to join a club team, and for new players ready to get started in volleyball. Space will be limited. We will group the players by age and skill. We will meet twice per week for 8 sessions total, PLUS a fun tournament the last session! $195 per athlete, includes T shirt!
Register early for Lil Arrows training, it sells out fast!
SPRING 2021 LIL ARROWS BEGINS MAY 4TH THROUGH MAY 27TH**!
TUESDAYS AND THURSDAYS 5:30PM-7PM
**MAY 27TH WILL BE 5:30-8:30PM (TRAINING AND ROUND ROBIN TOURNAMENT)
HEAD COACHES and ASSISTANT COACHES NEEDED
Do you LOVE to coach volleyball? Are you experienced, energetic, positive, organized? If you answered YES, we want to talk to you. We offer top pay as compared to other clubs. For the 2020/2021 Season, we are still looking for coaches for:
1. Position Training for Clinics - Setting, Middles, Hitters, Serving, 1st Contact
Coaches interested in helping us with our clinics should have coaching experience and preferably have played at the collegiate or professional level.
Come join our growing club and our fun team of coaches!
Email Sarah Johnson to discuss opportunities!!!
Here is the link to the website to purchase spirit wear! Check out our super cute new items!!! Order before November 22nd for FREE SHIPPING!!
NEED A PRACTICE T?
JUST TEXT 210-849-4322
LET US KNOW YOUR SIZE AND COLOR (BLUE OR BLACK)
WE WILL DELIVER THEM AT YOUR PRACTICE!!!
In order to become scorekeeper certified this season athletes must 1. Attend a scorekeeping clinic. 2. score keep a match at a tournament. 3. Make sure scorekeeping sheet is correct, then take a picture of the score sheet 4. Submit picture of score sheet to the Lone Star Region Scorer Chair (C.L. "Steve" Crane) at firstname.lastname@example.org for his review and certification.
A list of Scorekeeping Clinics can be found on the Lonestar Region website under the heading "Official's Clinics and Info". The cost is $25.00 payable at the door. There is usually no advance registration for these clinics, they are first come, first serve. Arrive early!. All BV athletes must be scorekeeper certified or have attended a clinic to become scorekeeper certified. Certifications are good for 2 seasons, and then they expire and your athlete will need to attend another clinic to become certified again. If you need to become scorekeeper certified this season, BV athletes must attend a scorekeeping clinic before their first tournament.
UPDATE: If you attended a scorekeeper or referee clinic last season and were not able to get certified last season, you will have until January 31st, 2021 to submit a score sheet for scorekeeping certification or to be rated for a referee certification.
Is your business interested in sponsoring Bulverde Volleyball?
Your company will receive name recognition and exposure based on the amount of sponsorship!!
Options could include: Logo featured on our web page, Logo featured on emails sent to club members, Logo featured on a team's backpacks, in-season monthly shout-outs on social media, and many more!
Email Sarah Johnson to start the conversation!